Menu
dzonidis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No coaxial outlets in the house

Hello,

I received the wifi equipment for a flat I recently moved in, but I can't locate any outlets or sockets for the coaxial cable that needs to be connected in order for the router to work. I have only found a male coaxial outlet in a wall box that says "ntl", but I think this is for TV use. There is also a sky outlet which is not compatible with the Virgin cable. Is there anyway I can set the router up without the use of the coaxial cable?

Thanks,

Dimitrios 

IMG-20210109-WA0007.jpeg

IMG-20210108-WA0013.jpeg

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No coaxial outlets in the house

1st image looks useful - should have a cover and if you want it tidy staff here will sort a tech out but it looks ok cable coming through the wall is the input - connect that to the isolator marked in - you connect the cable from the quick start kit to the output of the isolator and then to the hub

there looks to be a cable or cap on the outlet from the isolator - remove that or if its a cable you can follow it and see if that connects to a box - if its just a cable then that should connect to the hub

most hubs come activated but id not ring - 0800 953 9500 and hopefully all the existing cable is good and you will have internet

Tony
0 Kudos
dzonidis
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No coaxial outlets in the house

Hello,

that seems to have fixed it, the wifi is working now.

Many thanks for your help.

Dimitrios 

0 Kudos