cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cable installed after ordering self install package

toenee
Tuning in

hi, previously, there was a virgin broadband cable coming into the house, however, the previous occupiers got BT installed instead, and BT engineer has cut the virgin broadband cable outside the house.

I ordered the self install package and when I went to check for the socket and realised I wasn’t one this is when I found the cut cable on the outside of the house.

How do I go about ordering an engineer visit urgently please because I have had the kit arrived already and I’m without Internet with children in the house that are driving me crazy. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @toenee 

You should call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @toenee 

You should call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the pre-install team after 8am on Monday & they can arrange a technician to reconnect your socket. It is likely you will be waiting a few days.

The pre-install team number is 0800 052 1734

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

zay051
Joining in

Either call Virgin media customer support at 0345 454 1111 or The pre-install team at 0800 052 1734