Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

No broadband

Who do I contact when I've had no broadband for over a week?

I've contacted Virgin's messaging department and every day I am asked 'Is this still an issue?'. The person then says this will be resolved and a new person asked for my details the next day.

I rung the 0345 number and it just hung up.

Sent a complaint - no response.

Can someone please help???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband

If you have submitted a complaint, your issue can't be discussed by customer services or the forum until your complaint has been resolved by the complaints handling team. You need to give them 28 days to do this. 

Once 8 weeks have passed (or you have received a deadlock letter), you can escalate your complaint to CISAS https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

So in short, I could have no internet for potentially a month?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

They have upto 28 days to reply, they may reply more quickly. 

Customer services would normally send an engineer unless there's a local fault causing the problem, but once they see you have an outstanding complaint they typically want the complaint resolved first. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

The complaint was made as Customer Services would not send an engineer and I am solely reliant on it as I work from home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Then you need to wait for the outcome of the complaint before you can proceed further. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Can you make any suggestions about work commitments/ deadlines in the meantime as this could result in another conversation with my company?

I cannot stress enough the seriousness of this problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@Travis1983 wrote:

Can you make any suggestions about work commitments/ deadlines in the meantime as this could result in another conversation with my company?

Why wouldn't they send an engineer?

Did you comply with all the troubleshooting steps?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Travis1983 wrote:

If you are relying on broadband for work you can do one of two things:

1. You can get a 4G mobile data contract, which will cost about £20 a month for a large amount of data. It will serve you now, and as a backup for any future loss of connection.

2.  Virgin Media is a residential service and not intended for business use. You could cancel it and apply for a Virgin Business contract that has more suitable contract terms for your use. 

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I have spoken to different people daily and each time they have failed to send an engineer.

Each day I am asked if this I still an issue and when I reply 'Yes',  I do not get it resolved. 

I also tried troubleshooting guide and got to the last page to book engineer but received a error message. Is this a known issue

0 Kudos