Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No broadband

So, for 6 days I have not had broadband. I moved home and arranged for a quick start in the new place. I'm not sure 6 days is quick.....

I have spent hours and hours on hold on the help line and even used the chat who then passed me through to the technical team and then disappeared. I cannot get any one to help me at all.

I have followed ALL of the guidance and tried absolutely everything. I need to actually speak to someone at virgin unless anyone here can help?

My devices will connect to the hub3 but then it says there is no internet and comes up with a website with a button to press to try to resolve the issues. I press it but it doesnt resolve it and says there is no broadband. 

The device has a steady white light and nothing else.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband

With acknowledgements to newapollo.

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the Hub / TV box you are installing. By doing this they will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

The old method (which still works) is to reboot the Hub / TV box, and if it doesn’t go online you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. 

That would be 150 options 1,1,1 and 4 from a Virgin landline ,

Or

0345 4541111 options 1,1, 2 and 4 from any other phone

The best time to call is 08:00 when lines first open and are least busy.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A warm welcome to our Community Forum Lulu123456789 and sorry to hear about your broadband issue after a house move. I've managed to find your details using the information we have on here and can see that you've spoken to a member of our Team since you've posted. Do let us know if you have further queries so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, it took days and days of going around in circles but eventually a lady called Jeslon activated my box. Apparently I won’t pay for the days I didn’t have internet. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Pleased to hear it's been activated for you and I can see that the agent has discussed the billing with you with a resolution. I'm not sure why it took so long and usually the install order is completed once activation has been made so the billing starts. I'm sorry it took so long but let us know if you have further issues or queries about

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos