Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband wall socket

@Spivco wrote:

i will try this tony, thanks alot. 

If possible, can i pass the black wire on the outside through the whole and have the connection indoors?

no reason why not if there is enough spare cable - i suggested my method as there is usually no spare black cable 

Tony
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi tony,

I did this and it worked wonders. 

my internet is working flawlessly. 

Is it safe to assume no engineer is required. It’s just connecting two wires afterall

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

if its working i dont think they will send anybody out - if you are happy with it and you have used the isolator cable they put in with the self install then its fine - you could post the levels just to check everything is as it should be

glad it worked 

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

Tony
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello! I will have my start kit delivered on Monday but I realized I don’t have virgin wall socket (moved to a new flat so didn’t know that. I was told Virgin was used in this apartment before but apparently something changed). I guess I need engineer to come and set it up but it is impossible to reach any help - phones don’t work, no one replies in chat. I need internet access ASAP as I work from home... Can I get some help please?

0 Kudos