Menu
cyl102
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No broadband for more than TWO WEEKS

Hi,

My broadband stopped working on the 11th of December 2020. After several phone calls asking me to try rebooting/restarting/resetting the router, replug in the cable etc, still no internet.

The Green light on the router just flashes constantly.

Then they said its a problem with the router, so sent me a new router, but no joy, exactly same flashing green light with the new router.

Then they send an engineer in, and first he said my router has not been activated, then he said the cable connecting to my flat from the cabinet down the road has problem and needs to be rewired, and he told me it can be fixed on that same day or the day afterwards.

Then the day after, the appointment was cancelled, and then when ever I call, i can't even reach a person on the phone, just machine message apologising that my broadband is still not working and this is a "difficult" problem to solve.

They deducted some money for my bill, but I can't seems to reach any person from Virgin Media anymore that can tell me when will be the next appointment to fix my cable nor any end in sight of my broadband working again.

This is just frustrating for people trying to work from home in Tier 4 lock down, I had to pay extra for my mobile phone bill just so that I can stay online. This is not good enough.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband for more than TWO WEEKS

Have you checked for “known network faults” - to see if its affecting others in your location or it may be specific to you.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually only covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Call in again at 08.00 to get through quickly - use options 1,1,4,4 and say you are going to leave is this isnt sorted quickly.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
cyl102
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband for more than TWO WEEKS

Yeah, an engineer came and confirmed it is a fault with the cable between my flat and the cabinet down the road.

The annoying thing is this was two weeks ago when the engineer came and confirmed the fault. But the virgin media has since then arranged and cancelled on the day 3 times on my appointments to fix this issue, so 2 weeks after the engineer visit and nearly a month now, I had no internet from Virgin media.

the service was poor. I call daily to virgin media for this issue, and they just tell me, sorry, and an appointment is in place to fix the issue. But all 3 appointments been cancelled in short notice on the day.

They also promised because of the seriousness of the issue, a manager is supposed to have contacted me to explain the issue and what they will do about the problem I am experiencing, but an after 1 week of that promise, and several promises on the phone when I contact them, still no managers called me. 

0 Kudos