Menu
Matt2991
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No broadband connection, red solid hub light, no RF

Hi all,I bought the broadband &tv package Thursday gone as the virgin onboarding team assure me that by having UPC boxes in my house and by checking my address I would avail of the service right away with no disturbance.
Unfortunately seems that there is serious issue with no broadband / internet access denied/ no RF available, despite all cable been correctly connected. The hub after set up goes into solid red light showing hub registration issue or internet access denied.
My virgin media shows no issue in my accounts services

Any idea on how to resolve ( tried reboot etc.. no sucess) also no success with helpline waiting over 1h30 and no answer so is not great as first time experience and really going to be an issue as full household working from home full time

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband connection, red solid hub light, no RF

Have you called the activation line, the number should be in the instructions that should be in the box

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The number for activation line 0800 953 9500

if that don't work you may need a technician to connect something up.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Matt2991
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks 

Will try that number in the morning , finger crossed , will update accordingly. 

Regards

Matt

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is automated so could be done now if you so wanted.

0 Kudos
Matt2991
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey just as a update , the number you provided is the same as advertised on VM but is not operational.

By connecting to my virgin media under my account I can see all services are live and no issue.

By connecting  to my modem itself i can see error in broadband, with no RF connection so the hub is not registereing to the service hence no internet. After 1/2 on WhatsApp with support they will send a technician to see if issue with line at home which was guaranteed as no issue at my address on the day of registration and as I have UPC boxes all over the house. The technician is still to be booked but will again not happen today. Not really sure what to be doing but not the greatest or smooth transition which could really impact my household if not fix promply.

Thanks a million again for your support , really is appreciate 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you in Ireland by any chance?

This is Virgin Media UK Support Forum.

Not that it makes much difference for me trying to help you.

0 Kudos
Matt2991
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am based on Dublin ireland. Thanks for the help.  No technician due til next Saturday. That's no easy. They also said today that the line was only activated today at 12 so finger crossed activation takes time to be operational 

Matt2991
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all. So technician came yesterday and connected my house to the line in the street...just desapointed it took over a week without internet to be resolved and was told before signing up that my address was already connected and avail of quick start

0 Kudos