Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No broadband and can't get through to VM

My broadband has been down for 2 days and can't get through to VM to get this sorted

Logged in and run the test (multiple times) and they say everything is fine

Rebooted router & run factory reset (multiple times)

Called 6 times - cut off after an hour waiting each time

On message us service - been waiting 3 hours - no response

Sent a text message - no response

Is the only way to get in touch with them by cancelling the direct debit? Pretty sure they'd call me straight away then

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband and can't get through to VM

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

++++++++++++++++

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting your district. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible internal and external co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

++++++++++++++++

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its a mark 3 hub, 200mb

Checked service status and this is saying no issues

All connections are fine - there is one wire to the router

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you do the second part of Mike's message. 

Cancelling the direct debit is a bad idea - they'll just add a "failed dd collection" fee to your next bill. You'll still be contracted to pay it. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can run the check at home because I can't get online!!

Have had to go to a friends to use his internet to try the message service - at appears there is nobody answering the phone

Advised that calling between 8 & 11 in the morning is best, but tried that twice this morning and cut off both times just after the hour mark

Same as yesterday - nobody answering the phones, message service being ignored, text service being ignored - absolute joke of a company

Going to send logs of what has happened to a couple of papers - I know the Daily Mail financial pages chase up for you

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ive been without a proper internet service now for 4 days since installing their new hub 4 ... massive mistake. Ive spent 4 days trying to contact ANYONE who can help, im currently on hold again after 2 failed 1 hours hold yesterday and been cut off , ive posted here ive tweeted ive texted and nothing. 

Ive 6 weeks left of this contract and ive now asked to process my cancellation of service I have been hot spotting from my EE phone as I run training online and its buffering more than the flying Scotts man! ive logged into the hub HTTP and its telling me my home network has a few problems! no Sh&T Sherlock!

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are you saying your WiFi does not work? As you don't need internet access to do the test - it connects to the router directly. 

0 Kudos