Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No broadband -HELP Please

I’ve been without broadband for more than 24 hours. I have spent nearly 5 hours in queues waiting for tech support.  I have been through all the online diagnostics and factory reset my hub twice. I’m now told On twitter I have to text a mobile number and wait 24hrs for a response. 

I have only just signed up on an 18 month contract and if this is what I’m in for, I want out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: No broadband -HELP Please

To clarify.. have you had a connection and it has just dropped - or are you a new customer who has never had any connection?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had a broadband only connection for a week or so. I decided to add the phone service, but couldn’t receive incoming calls. Shortly after reporting that yesterday I lost all internet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

OK - what Hub is it - Hub3 or Hub4? What are its lights doing/showing?

Have you checked for "known faults"?   As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free and automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

Note that you can cancel the contract F.O.C within 14 days of activation - bear that in mind.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John

Hub3 showing solid white. 

i have done all the diagnostics I can find. There are no service issues in my area. When I run a test it shows a fault and tells me to call the 0330 number. Then Inwait for hours going nowhere. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Otmooron,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your broadband. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have spoken with our agents concerning this and they actioned this to be fixed. 

Has this all been resolved for you?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes it has Martin, about 40 hours after I first identified a problem with the telephone service, and after holding on in call queues for about 5 hours in total.

There seemed to be no way of contacting tech support to register I had a problem without queuing for hours and then when I believed someone was going to call me back, they never did.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm glad to hear this has all been sorted for you. 

Our apologies for the delay you had in getting through to the team. 

^Martin

0 Kudos