cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wifi

Markab17
Tuning in

I just need to get this off my chest. I moved into my new place at the end of August this year (2023).  I decided to get Virgin broadband.  Simple enough you would think ?   It turned out the previous occupant had left a debt with Virgin. So there was some kind of restriction on the property. I had to send ID and proof of tenancy etc.  Eventually I sorted that. On Friday my new Hub 5 arrived! Exciting right ?  Wrong. It wouldn't work. Just had a red flashing light. I tried re - setting it and turning it on and off. Made sure the cables were all tight. Still just a red flashing light.  I was so [MOD EDIT: Language] off!   Is it too much to ask for the thing to work ?  Why is there always a problem ? 

Mark Butterworth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

For new install assistance :

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.
Explain what needs to be done and book an engineer visit.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like the incoming cable is disconnected.  You will need a manned install. If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange. Otherwise you’ll have to ring in. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

For new install assistance :

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.
Explain what needs to be done and book an engineer visit.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Markab17

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with the service.

I have taken a look at things from our side and can see you do now have an engineer booked.

We do hope this goes well.

Please pop back to us should you have any further questions and we will do all we can to help. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide