Menu
durkankirsty
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Wall Socket

Hi all!

I have received the QuickStart pack for my new home, but we don’t seem to have a virgin media wall socket. Can somebody please advise what my next steps are as I cannot seem to get through to a real person from virgin at all.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Wall Socket

You'll need to arrange a manned engineer installation.

You can either try the pre-install line - 0800 0521734, the standard C/S number - 0345 4541111, or wait on here (might be a couple of days) for staff to pick up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@durkankirsty wrote:

Hi all!

I have received the QuickStart pack for my new home, but we don’t seem to have a virgin media wall socket. <snip>

Also, some installations do not have a socket.  Look outside for a brown VM omnibox and trace the cables going inside.  It may just be a cable with a connector on the end.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi durkankirsty, 

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us. 
I'd like to say a quick thank you to our VIP's for the helpful advice they provided while you were waiting for us to pick up the thread. 🙂

Taking a look at your account, I can see that a manned install has since been arranged for you. We cannot confirm the appointment time slot, so to view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM Just go to My Account > Track your orders.

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos