cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin media connection box

olster_2001
Joining in

Sadly just arrived into new house and there is virgin media box for connection, i am now 40 mins into a call to customer service as i will need an engineer, can someone help me here please?

Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Assuming you mean there is no Virgin Media box for connection ...

Call the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Have you checked to make sure there is no other kind of connection? Sometimes there is no wall box, just a trailing cable. The cable could be hidden within, or behind, furniture. Occasionally only a very short stub of wire is left behind often hidden within a blanked-off fitting. The wall box may be branded with the logos of an old cable TV company (not VM). Past occupiers of your property may have removed the cable and sometimes they are removed by other installers, such as satellite TV techs.

If you have a plastic omnibox outside on the wall (where the VM cable comes in from the street) see if you can trace any wires from that into your home.

If no luck, call the number above for a tech installation.

I did call them 1 hour waiting and the phone line cut off and then i booked an engineer for Thursday after another 30 min call, but I have received no confirmation text or email for the appointment, is this normal?

I am a new customer, not so impressed so far 😂

From my own past experiences of VM, when it is working it generally works OK and often it even works well!

If you need to speak to VM about anything, or change anything, then the experience is often an unhappy one!

Hey olster_2001, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community and to Virgin Media O2 I am so sorry to hear about this.

Normally we wouldn't send out any conformations but you can check out any appointments here   

The tech should also ring you or text you when they are around 30 mins away. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?