cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Virgin Media Wall Socket

Prgaraujo
Tuning in

I received the Quick Start setup kit but I haven't the Wall Socket at home. I succeded on installing using the pre-existing coax, but I would like to have the Socket in order not to have all that wire mess. Is it possible?

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yes - but there may be a £25 non-fault call out.

Try calling it in and saying the wall socket is damaged and see if they can book the Tech visit.

Or a VM person will pick this up here in a day or two and can sort it for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Prgaraujo, thanks for your post, and welcome to the Forums and Virgin Media!
I'm glad to hear you've got things up and running. 

In regards to a Wall Socket, as mentioned by @jbrennand, we can get one of our Technicians to come out and install this for you but it would be at a £25 one-off charge.

If you're happy for us to get this booked in, please send us a picture of the set up and let us know and we can get look into getting this sorted for you.
Kindest regards,

David_Bn

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@David_Bn wrote:

Hi @Prgaraujo, thanks for your post, and welcome to the Forums and Virgin Media!
I'm glad to hear you've got things up and running. 

In regards to a Wall Socket, as mentioned by @jbrennand, we can get one of our Technicians to come out and install this for you but it would be at a £25 one-off charge.

If you're happy for us to get this booked in, please send us a picture of the set up and let us know and we can get look into getting this sorted for you.
Kindest regards,

David_Bn

couple of things wrong there afaik -  the install is not complete - disconnect the hub and call it in as faulty CS should book a tech

finally not sure why a picture is needed - its a cable coming through the wall - how complicated is that

finally fially - there should be an isolator in the circuit - thats fitted in the wall box - in the short term you could buy one of these and that will allow you to add the isolator cable

https://www.diy.com/departments/tristar-data-cable-coupler/571706_BQ.prd

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hello, @David_Bn,

Where do I send the photos to?

As already said, I'd like to have all the coaxial out and have only the Wall Socket in order to have the internet, the TV and the phone set in such a way that we had no wires scattered in the room. As you can see on the photos, the phone point is far from the installation spot and even maybe the wires won't be enough to reach the TV, although it would not be so far.

Please, let me know if the service is possible.

Thank you.

Hello, @David_Bn,

Where do I send the photos to?

As already said, I'd like to have all the coaxial out and have only the Wall Socket in order to have the internet, the TV and the phone set in such a way that we had no wires scattered in the room. As you can see in the photos, the phone point is far from the installation spot and even maybe the wires won't be enough to reach the TV, although it would not be so far.

Please, let me know if the service is possible.

Thank you.

Hey @Prgaraujo,

Thanks for coming back to us, would you be able to add the photographs to this thread and we would be able to look into this further for you.

If you would like to send them over to me in a private message, you can also do that if you wish to do so. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, Steven/Viring Team

How can I send you the photos in private? I couldn't find the path.

Thank you.

Hi Prgaraujo,

Please add the photos publicly as long as there aren't any private information showing this is OK, we just need to see the wiring you advised was added.

Regards

Paul.