Menu
abs02a
Settling in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Virgin Media Wall Socket

I have just moved into a new flat and pre-ordered Virgin Media Fibre Broadband. Everything checked out and was told that Virgin provides in my apartment.

However now that I've moved in, I am unable to find the socket to plug the hub into. Please can anyone help?

Virgin_1.jpgVirgin_2.jpg

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Virgin Media Wall Socket

Hi that cable in the second picture looks like it's the right one as it will require a coaxial cable connection , which I'm sure that is and also the hub will have an 13amp power plug for the wall socket you should also have a metre length of cable provided, once you have connected it all up you may need to phone the activation number 0800 9539500 have your account number area code and serial number of the equipment to hand, hope it goes well. Regards Micky

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The QS kit has a male connector, so you would need an F Female to Female adaptor to plug in:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connector-Satellite-Female-Coupler-Changer/dp/B00EAMHAMU 

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Eeeps
Rising star
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm guessing that originally that cable connected to a splitter that someone has removed.

If you want the coupler quicker B&Q do them.

Whilst you're waiting for delivery you could raise the SH3 up and connect the cable directly onto the female socket on the back (as a stop gap)

0 Kudos