Menu
H18Dalton
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No VM wall socket in flat- despite previous tenant using VM

From what I can see, there is no Virgin Media wall socket in my new flat, despite the fact that the previous tenant used Virgin Media for wifi (both they and Virgin Media have confirmed this).

All I can find is a BT socket (photo attached) and having looked all over the flat, I am confident that there is nothing else.

I am wondering if the previous tenant could have removed something they weren't supposed to when they left?

Do I need to have an engineer attend the flat to install one? 

Have been unable to get any useful information from the help site and speaking to a human seems to be an impossible task. 

unnamed.jpg

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No VM wall socket in flat- despite previous tenant using VM

Hi there,

That is a BT telephone socket and definitely not what you need. Have you asked the previous tenants where they connected theirs ?

Do you have your hub ?

thank you,

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Brendanplane76
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, who can I get hold of to put a connection in? 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

best to start your own thread and staff will book one when they get to your post. 5-7 days from now
0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Brendanplane76 and welcome to our community.

We would advise looking for the brown box on the external wall of the property the Virgin Media master socket should be on the inside part to that wall. 

If you can't locate this please let us know so we can book a manned installation when you sign up.

If you've already signed up please contact the pre installation team on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1, 3 then 1 to arrange this,

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos