cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No VM Wall socket

JerryNG
Joining in

New to the UK and just moved into our first home here. Ordered VM broadband and was recommended by the website to select the self quick install option. Package arrive today and realized I don't have a VM wall socket to plug the round cable into.

4 REPLIES 4

Koda
Up to speed

If you are looking just for a Virgin Wall socket, can you take a quick look around the home for other connection points that may appear to be suitable? It may not be in the room that first seems obvious, and it may not be marked Virgin Media either. 

Sometimes you'll just have a wire coming in rather than a wall socket. Other times you will find an unbranded connection point on the wall. Or you may even find another name on it like NTL, Telewest Broadband, or a handful of other previous regional cable companies that Virgin Media merged into their own brand over the years. 

If you can't find anything at all, the best thing to do is call them up 0345 454 1111. They'll try to get you booked in for the first available engineer appointment to do an installation and get you connected up to the network. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JerryNG 

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Noted and thanks for your reply.

In fact, I tried with the existing wall socket in my house unfortunately the connector is not in a good shape. So I think this is not the good one. I also found two cables (round shape with a single pin) and try to connect to the Virgin hub but it said there is no Internet connection.

I will try to call someone tomorrow.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JerryNG,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your service install as a new customer!

We'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and have an engineer arranged so that they can help with your Virgin Media socket and help install the services. 😊

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs