cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Service for 6 days .... and no update

PhilRJ
On our wavelength

I lost service on Tuesday 3rd Jan.  Ran diagnostics, no success so had to book an engineer visit.  Earliest 4 days later on Saturday 7th Jan.

Was told the reason for loss of service was that  on the Tuesday network engineers unplugged my connection in the box at the end of the road as it was a source of noise on the network due to the amplifier or something. I cannot understand how they can do this without thinking that someone on the street (me) was going to be affected.

Engineers arrive on Monday 9th.  Do something with cables and say they are replacing them but then disappear with no update nor information about when this will be fixed.

Q1 - Why can engineers unplug my connection and Virgin then just wait for my report of a network problem only to send the domestic engineer who cannot do anything about it.

Q2 - How can I find out what is actually happening now and when will I get this fixed?

Needless to say, I'm beyond frustrated now and don't seem to be able to talk to anyone.  

But if anyone here can help me, I'd be really grateful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PhilRJ, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience and the issues you have face with your service since the team visited your area. 

I am unsure as to why the connection was removed at the time, this may have been an error on the teams behalf. 

From checking things on my side, I can see you have work due to be completed today which should restore the service. If the service has not returned by 7pm this evening, please let us know and we will look in to this further. 

Thank you, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PhilRJ, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience and the issues you have face with your service since the team visited your area. 

I am unsure as to why the connection was removed at the time, this may have been an error on the teams behalf. 

From checking things on my side, I can see you have work due to be completed today which should restore the service. If the service has not returned by 7pm this evening, please let us know and we will look in to this further. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Since this was caused by the specific actions of VM employees, I presume VM will be crediting the customer's account with £8.40 per day for all full and partial days of loss of service?  Or will they need to raise a formal complaint, and then take the matter to Ombudsman Services? 

PhilRJ
On our wavelength

Hi Nat,

No, this has not been fixed.  Apparently the engineers left without telling anyone what they had done or what the outcome is.

Please can you help me raise this and let me know what is going on?  It really is appalling service.

Many thanks

Phil

PhilRJ
On our wavelength

Thank you very much for raising this question.  I would love to know the answer! 

Phil

You know, I can’t but help thinking that this whole story sounds a bit suspicious, @PhilRJ, no not what you have reported which I have no doubt is the truth, it’s the whole ‘disconnected from the cabinet, because of ‘an amplifier noise issue’ which starts my Bull S*** detector kicking off!

Irrelevant really, as Andrew mentions above, just think about the compensation racking up, £8.69 per day. OK admittedly VM won’t just cough up and pay it, almost certainly, you’ll have to jump through a few hoops, which in a bizarre way is beneficial to you as you will be able to justify extra compensation on the grounds of poor complaint handling, outright incompetence, well you get the gist…?

Anyone for the forum team care to get involved and sort it out amicably and cheaply? Otherwise, we all know where this is going, no?

PhilRJ
On our wavelength

Thank you for the support.

For the moment though @VM - please just get my service back up and running.  

Thanks for coming back to us PhilRJ,

Apologies for the late reply, how are things at the moment? Do you have your services back up and running?

Please let us know any updates, and we'll happily take a look at the compensation for loss of service for you.

Kind regards Jodi. 

PhilRJ
On our wavelength

Thank you Jodi,  IT eventually took 8 days and a lot of frustrating calls with CS.

Turns out in reconnecting it, someone disconnected the phone line.  It was beyond laughable.

A complaint is in place,  it will not be closed until compensation is settled.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will pop you over a private message - as I need to confirm some details. 

Cheers, 

Ryan.