Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No Quickstart package on time

I joined Virgin Media as a student for a student flat in June, with us moving in on July 1st. We were originally told we had to wait until two weeks without internet due to contracting issues, until July 13th when our Quickstart package would be delivered. So I booked a train journey back to where I live outside of the University year for the 15th of July, giving me time on the 13th to collect and install my internet for my roommate who returns on August 8th.

No package was delivered on the 13th or 14th, despite having over two weeks to deliver it. By the time it was delivered, I was back home busy with work and unable to spend money or time on another train journey just to collect a late package. 

I wrote a complaint detailing what happened in mid-July and other issues that I will not go into here (all detailed on the complaint), but have received no response. I've got a few phone calls from Virgin at random times when I am unable to answer. When I try to phone back, there is no option for my specific problems. I've tried LiveChats but there is nothing Live about them and I don't have the time to spend hours waiting for a response (currently sitting in one right now that I've been waiting 1hr 40 mins for a response in). Virgin doesn't use email to communicate for some bizarre reason. I've tried Tweeting and they told me they couldn't look at my complaint and directed me here. So I've come here because every other option has been exhausted at this point.

I have been waiting over a month for internet, and my roommate is returning on August 8th. Don't direct me to wasting hours in LiveChats or phone calls that lead to nothing, I've already done that. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. 

My resolver complaint number is RES7060658 if that helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Quickstart package on time

Got a call and it seems to be sorted, don't know how to close this, can someone close thread please. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Quickstart package on time

threads don't get closed.
you just leave them as they are and they'll eventually drop down the list and be ignored.

however, the call you got was most likely nothing to do with this thread, as there has been no input from anyone on this thread.
0 Kudos