Menu
kazd88
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

'No Internet' yet it still says connected. DNS server issue

Hello there.

It says I have 'No Internet' on my wired connection on my Windows PC even though it says the Ethernet cable is connected. I have tried the troubleshooting guide and rebooting and resetting the router and also PC, and tried reconnecting the Ethernet cable. When I try to go on a webpage on my browser it comes up with the error message DNS_PROBE_STARTED and then DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET.

I try running Windows Network Diagnostics and it comes back that it cannot connect to the DNS server. I checked the service status and it says there are no problems in my area.

The connection went down at around 4pm two days ago BN2 area and came up with the same connection error since trying to load a webpage which is to do with the connection to the DNS server.

When I go onto 192.168.0.1 it also says I am connected to the internet on the router and also on multiple devices.

I have a white power light on the front of the router and green where the wired connection is at the back as usual.

Even though I've been on the phone to Virgin and spoke to them on live chat for hours on end I still have not come up with a solution and need the internet connection in order to do work and I have not been able to access the broadband that I pay for.

Please help as I have been trying to troubleshoot since two days ago.

Many thanks! 🙂 

0 Kudos
kazd88
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'No Internet' yet it still says connected. DNS server issue

Just to add the router is Hub 3 and I have also tried connecting using Google DNS Server (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) whereas before it searched the DNS server automatically. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Try rebooting your PC.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
kazd88
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have. Over and over again. 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi kazd88,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your PC not connecting to the internet.

I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues at all, I can see devices are connected, if it is only the PC that you are having issues with I would advise having someone looking at that for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos