Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Internet and unable to contact Virgin Media

I joined almost a month ago and tried to self install. Wasn't working, so I got an engineer out to fix the problem, he said something was disconnected outside and then it worked, for 1 week.

Now internet is not working at all again. Hub 3.0 with constant green flashing bar. Everything is installed correctly, I've done everything in documentation to resolve the issue, it's not connecting. 

Status checker says it's good in my area.

I can't contact Virgin Media, every call is hung up on after automated messages. I tried contacting through the app and no one replies except a bot reply in the morning asking if it's still and issue. I say I still need help and hear nothing back.

I'm really at a loss for what to do. I'm over my 2 week cooling off period but might have to find a new provider because I need to work from home. Is there anyway I can get ahold of a person. I can't find the option to book an engineer anywhere anymore.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet and unable to contact Virgin Media

@Rayzard wrote:

I joined almost a month ago and tried to self install. Wasn't working, so I got an engineer out to fix the problem, he said something was disconnected outside and then it worked, for 1 week.

Now internet is not working at all again. Hub 3.0 with constant green flashing bar. Everything is installed correctly, I've done everything in documentation to resolve the issue, it's not connecting. 

Status checker says it's good in my area.

I can't contact Virgin Media, every call is hung up on after automated messages. I tried contacting through the app and no one replies except a bot reply in the morning asking if it's still and issue. I say I still need help and hear nothing back.

I'm really at a loss for what to do. I'm over my 2 week cooling off period but might have to find a new provider because I need to work from home. Is there anyway I can get ahold of a person. I can't find the option to book an engineer anywhere anymore.

You can wait for a response on here, however it can take 5 - 7 days looking at other threads.

Persist with the phone lines, at 8am when they open.

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If you can't get through on the phone then VM are recommending you send a text to 07533 051809 describing the issue and you should get a response, but it may take a day or two at present. This is a text only service, it does not support voice calls.  
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

I believe the text service initially uses a bot to ask a few questions, but should route you to a person eventually.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant, the sms bot was able to book an engineer for me 👍