Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No Internet (access denied)

Hello,

Today I received a quick start kit and have been trying to get it to work to no avail. My router had a green Wi-Fi light and a flashing green power light and on the router login page it says "access denied". I've tried the troubleshooting steps several times and have tried reseating the cables multiple times. I have tried calling the customer support line but apparently Virgin are no longer providing call centre services due to lockdown. I've tried booking an engineer but the page simply leads to the "Oops, something's broken"' page. I've tried the online testing service and it simply says it can't find my device, and apparently there's a limit to 6 tests per day so I can't try it again. I really don't know what my options are at this point. If I can't get this problem resolved in a reasonable time peroid I will be requesting a refund, this is getting kind of ridiculous. If anyone can help me with this issue please let me know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet (access denied)

@at32 wrote:

Hello,

Today I received a quick start kit and have been trying to get it to work to no avail. My router had a green Wi-Fi light and a flashing green power light and on the router login page it says "access denied". I've tried the troubleshooting steps several times and have tried reseating the cables multiple times. I have tried calling the customer support line but apparently Virgin are no longer providing call centre services due to lockdown. I've tried booking an engineer but the page simply leads to the "Oops, something's broken"' page. I've tried the online testing service and it simply says it can't find my device, and apparently there's a limit to 6 tests per day so I can't try it again. I really don't know what my options are at this point. If I can't get this problem resolved in a reasonable time peroid I will be requesting a refund, this is getting kind of ridiculous. If anyone can help me with this issue please let me know.

You need to contact the activation line on 0800 953 9500.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I tried this, and I received a text message telling me that my service has been activated, but I still have the same issue and can't connect, even after restarting the router. The lights are the same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Contact VM by text on 07533 051 809.

0 Kudos