Menu
Marte3318
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Internet Connection

Hi,  this is my first time on this community, thought I would give it a go as no one from Virgin Media seems interested in giving me any information, have already sent letters (Signed for on receipt) to CEO Lutz Schuler, COO Jeff Dodds and complaints at Sheffield on 20th. January, 2021, got a reply from Sheffield on the 26th. January, 2021 , the standard reply that I have been receiving since December of 2020 saying that someone is looking into why my installation has not been completed, I suspect that person is probably is a close relation to Dusty Bin.

Brief resume:-

10th. December, 2020, Installation failed due to blocked BT duct, told Engineering would arrange for this to be cleared, and visit rebooked.

22nd. December, 2020 - Second install attempt, failed as above, told engineering would arrange for this to be cleared, and visit rebooked.

4th. January, 2021 - Team arrived to install fibre, failed, duct still blocked, told problem passed to engineering, etc, etc.

Given another install date of 22nd. January to allow time for groundwork to be completed.

13th. January, 2021 - Text message received stating install cancelled, no date give for further visit.

Since then no contact with anyone within Virgin Media, wondering why I'm still trying, it's only because the BT Broadband is so poor.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Internet Connection

If they are waiting for BT then BT have suspended all non-urgent works until 1st March due to the pandemic. 

If they are waiting for permission from the council to dig up the pavement or road then that can delay things for 6 - 8 weeks, but things can be delayed further due to the pandemic. 

So you might not hear anything until middle February/March. 

0 Kudos
Marte3318
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but this is all on property owned by the householders who want the service and all have signed wayleaves.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

But still, if it's a BT duct that is blocked and Virgin are waiting for BT, then unless the householders are going to be doing the job themselves ? 

0 Kudos
Marte3318
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks managed to find email for Construction Department, they are digging as we speak.

0 Kudos