Menu
Aidan-VM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Installation from original September date.

My original appointment was booked in the first week of September. The engineer informed me that I needed to receive permission for any works that would be carried out. I obtained these permissions.

After numerous reschedules and site survey engineers, I was finally told that -- there was a VM access point on the connected building, which could be spliced into.

I finally had a concrete date - December the 8th. I phoned the customer support to make sure there were no issues at all. There were no issues, I was told the installation would go ahead on 08/12/2020.

This was wrong. The date has been rescheduled another month to the 6th January. I phoned Virgin again. Twice. The customer service representatives told me that there was no information as to why it was rescheduled again, but they would find out and phone back. 

I have not been phoned back, by either of the service representatives. Now I want to know why my installation keeps getting rescheduled? This is incredibly frustrating, and impacting my ability to work from home. The fact that I have had permission for over almost two months, with NO action by Virgin, is unacceptable. Thank goodness I didn't cancel my ADSL line in September.

Please, would only official Virgin representatives assist me, and escalate this issue immediately.

- Aidan

0 Kudos
Aidan-VM
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Installation from original September date.

Bump, because no response.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A VM staff member will get to your post, but every time you bump it, the post goes to the end of the queue. Seems at the moment it can take over a week to get a response. So therefore, do NOT bump posts.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Aidan-VM
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Exposure is exposure.

0 Kudos
peterluckyuk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm in a similar position. 1 full month after the original "outside work" and I still do not have a cable. No one has ever contacted me about this and the pre-installation people cannot contact the contractors in charge of the work and keep on directing me towards the construction team, who then direct me elsewhere. Virgin is a joke as they think the break in communication / not doing the work is acceptable. I have my third engineer arriving tomorrow to attempt to install my broadband tomorrow with no cable still and that'll be the final straw for my cancelling. 

0 Kudos