cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Hub 5

mickymannis
Tuning in

I ordered Gig1 package in July only because I was promised the Hub 5 with the package but was very disappointed when Hub 4 was fitted by Virgin I stall guy he did I form me he had Hub 5's with him but as it stated Hub 4 on the order he had already scanned it so couldn't replace it he seemed like a dead on guy so wasn't going to get into it with him but I did go onto the Virgin form when I put my order in and was informed that Virgin lies about a lot to get you to sign up how can this happen in 2022 and in good old Northern Ireland would expect it in Afghanistan or USA not here! Rant over can anyone get me a Hub 5 or should I just cancel??

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mickymannis 

The hub 5 isn't yet on general release as it's on  a phased rollout and still being tested.

It's not completely compatable with the Gig 1 service. Info below from

Digital-life/Hub-5-Our-first-ever-WiFi-6-broadband-router 

FAQ How can I get a Hub 5? / I’m on Gig1 Fibre and need the Hub 5 to maximise my service

We’re rolling the Hub 5 out in phases, and we’re emailing specific groups of customers over time to invite them to order ahead of a wider launch in 2022. Only customers who receive the email invite will be able to order for the time being.

Why is the rollout being phased?

We’re ironing out some kinks around customers who have Gig1, Intelligent WiFi Pods, and home phone via hub. Once we've addressed these issues we'll start to include these customers in the rollout. You'll receive an email with an invite to order when this is ready.

Update 24th Feb 22: we've started to send email invites to a small number of customers who have home phone via hub ahead of offering this more widely to this cohort of customers. We'll share an update when we have some more news.

Why can't I get Intelligent WiFi Plus with the Hub 5?

We're working on making the Hub 5 compatible with our Intelligent WiFi Pods and this will be available soon but in the meantime you'll be able to grab a PowerLine Booster if you need to extend your WiFi in your home.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

mickymannis
Tuning in

That answer you gave me is just not true, the Virgin Media install guy told me he had over 10 hub 5s in his van and Virgin were offering the Hub5 with the GiG 1 order which is exactly what I ordered and why I offered the GIG1,package is because the salesperson guaranteed me the HUB 5 it was all through a WhatsApp conversation and I have the copy if you want it but never mind I WILL NEVER BE ANYWHERE NEAR Virgin Media again and see this cancellation within 14 days I can’t get through to anyone to cancel so ares yous trying to screw me over again I swear I live in Northern Ireland and Virgin Media are WORSE than the Paramilitaries 

I believe that included in the paperwork which comes with the hub, is a form you can return to VM to notify that you want to cancel. It might be worth doing that as well as continue phoning as the clock is ticking down to the 14 days.

As regard the salesperson’s guarantee of a hub 5, well they simply wen’t in any position to say that, not to mention that they it a salesperson, and hence would promise you the moon on a stick if it got them the sale! Somebody else’s problem when it doesn’t arrive!

There are still lingering issues with the Hub5 and the 1 Gig connection, to be honest there are lingering issues with the Hub 5 full stop, but I am curious as to why you disbelieve the above quoted post from VM’s own website, but do believe a random installer? Do you not think he might just have been telling you what you wanted to hear so as to get the job done as quickly as possible?

Well if that’s true and the Virgin Engineer is spoofing that’s another shame on Virgin!! I did wish I looked into it a bit better and have learnt the hard way but I never want to see a Virgin anything again I can’t believe I hate them so much !! Disappointed is an understatement full of Hate it is