cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Engineer to do the installation

jrogan
Tuning in

Hi Virgin and everyone,

I ordered Virgin as i had had enough of my internet speed with Sky.

Ordered a Volt package and picked install date for the 11th (Which was 2 weeks away)

Cancelled sky! The engineer turned up on the 11th and said he couldn't do anything as the pre installation team had not been?

Great!

So he said it was all booked in for the 17th (Today) and they would do the outside and inside work. I had called twice during the week to ensure it was happening because i have no emails to confirm.

So no one has turned up today. W

What are my choices before i go back to Sky?

10 REPLIES 10

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jrogan

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the delay with your installation.

Have the team advised what has caused this?

If there is construction work required, for example to pull a cable to the property this can delay things by a few weeks.

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki,

So i have a date of today for broadband install and tomorrow for the engineer visit. I can see this in my account under the orders tab.

So far no one has been to the property to do the pre install work. I'm concerned that if no one turns up today then the engineer will arrive tomorrow and again won't be able to do the install.

I think personally, if Virgin aren't able to arrange a straight forward install i will cancel the order and return to sky.

I have phoned Virgin everyday this week, the call operators are terrible and constantly lie. Monday i explained the issue and asked could they tell me when the pre-install would be done. "Oh yes i can see that it will be done today" and it wasn't.

I've had the same conversation Mon-Wed. It is hugely frustrating.

I would like a contact in the UK who has information with the pre-installation team.

We'll come to Virginmedia all you get with them is lies and more lies the left hand dosent know what the right hand is doing I joined 15 days ago nothing but problems enjoy the virginmedia experience 💩💩

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jrogan 

You might be able to get more information by speaking directly to the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

So they finally came today and found that there is a damaged part where the road needs to be dug up. Likely to take 6-8weeks minimum.

So i will cancel the order. Really not worth it.

I am having the exact same issues. Appointment date was yesterday, engineer didn’t show. Called and customer service said it’s rescheduled for today, very little help and nothing they can do. Expecting another no show today and I’ll call back tomorrow when they can escalate to the field team. Terrible experience so far and extremely frustrating. I will be booking sky this time tomorrow if no further forward. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

As an alternative, let them dig up the road and put the cable in while you go back to Sky. You can still cancel the Virgin contract without penalty within 14 days of the connection if you don't want it. You will then have the connection available at any time in the future if you want to try it again. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi jpeg,

Yes i thought about this but by that time i'll be almost 2 months into an 18month contract with sky so will have to deal with cancellation fees with Sky.

The main reason  i wouldn't go back to Virgin is how difficult it has all been with them, the information i have received from them yesterday regarding the damaged cable should have been spotted over a month ago when they first said they would come round to install it.

I really think Virgin need to review their joining experience as i would say its been terrible. All that should have occured is i pick a package on their website, it gives me a date within 2 weeks and then the work they say will be done is actually done.

Nice and simple. I had to make 12 calls to Virgin and it just isn't good enough.

I wish you all well with virgin

Hi @jrogan,

Thank you for your posts and for expanding on what's happened. I do apologise for the ongoing delays you had to your installation, and it's a shame that you've decided to cancel and leave us as a result.

You know where we are if you change your mind and need our help.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!