cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Engineer appointment confirmation

Ronan147
Tuning in

I called virgin media yesterday to arrange an engineer appointment as the virgin media line in my new home needs replaced (the connection has been cut by somebody).

I was told on the phone that an appointment had been requested but I have not received any confirmation of this.  Could somebody from Virgin please contact me about this as soon as possible, or could someone advise me on what to do next?  Seriously considering cancelling my contract as service thus far has been wholly unsatisfactory!

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you login to your myVM online account, you should be able to check "my appointments" which will show this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply!  Unfortunately all it’s saying on the app is that I have ‘no orders and appointments yet,’ even though I was told on the phone an appointment would be booked!  

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ordinarily the timeslot would be booked when you were on the phone, and re-reading your post I'm struck by your comment of an appointment being "requested" - I suspect it's not been booked at all.

The forum staff who respond on here should be able to follow this up, but can you explain the background to this, or the reason for needing a tech in the first place? That could help them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your advice!  This was my assumption, I’m assuming they didn’t book it at all when they spoke to me.

So basically I had phoned up because I had ordered a quick start kit for my new home but when I moved in and the kit was delivered I discovered that the virgin media output in the wall had been cut, just leaving an unviable wire with no connection coming from the NTL box.  I phoned up to book an engineer when I saw this so that the wire could be replaced and after being passed around from line to line on the phone with people who confusedly kept asking why I got passed to them (clearly kept getting passed through the wrong departments), I reached a lady on the phone who said she had submitted the form to book an engineer for me and that I should have confirmation within 4 hours.  It’s now been 2 days and no confirmation.  Hope this makes the situation clear, cheers 🙂

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ronan147 

I suggest speaking to the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734

They can check if the appointment has been placed and if not they will book it for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Brilliant!  I’ll try that tomorrow, thank you!