Menu
npcloud
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No Broadband static IP

Hi All,

This is my first time getting a static IP address. I have booked in and got installed a 350MB connection with 13 static IP addresses (planning for IoT devices).

The engineers setup the connection and said it works and left before I could do a test. 

I have an ASUS wifi router RT AC3200. What ever I do, there is no internet access at all. 

The GRE Tunnel State is connected and I see that I can ping 8.8.8.8 successfully from Hitron interface but not from anywhere else.

Anyone with some knowledge to setup Static IP address please help.

Thanks

Pat.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Broadband static IP

you can't get a static IP on a residential package, you must have a business package.
this forum is for residential only.

i'm sure some community members might offer some advice, but virgin reps won't be able to help you.
business packages have a separate support team.
0 Kudos
npcloud
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes I am on the business broadband. (But the business is too small to be counted as a proper business for now.)

Is there a different help forum for it?

Calling the customer service resulted in a "we will check your line and get back to you in 24 working hours!". There doesn't seem to be any knowledge article explaining the setup anywhere (as far as I have searched or bing knows about).

Thanks 

Pat.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

business broadband has it's own separate support team, not sure if they have a forum though.
businesses generally wouldn't use a community driven forum to get support, they have SLA drive support via the business support teams.

are you sure you called the correct CS? sounds like you may have called residential support rather than business support.
0 Kudos
npcloud
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I am sure it is the correct support team. They did check my account number and business name too.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us/?CMP=sbr_bb-mar-000176...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
louis-m
Up to speed
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

On your Asus router, make the WAN IP one of the IP's from your range of static IP's. Set the gateway to the IP of the Hitron which is specified in the Hitron web config (http://192.168.100.1)

You then need to add the additional IP's to the Asus router.

0 Kudos
npcloud
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

louis-m
Up to speed
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Any chance you could post a speed test result back just out of curiosity?

0 Kudos
npcloud
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 10.08.02.png

I was able to setup static ip on Asus for one IP only... still trying to set the other ip addresses in Asus RT-AC3200 interface.

0 Kudos