Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No Broadband Wall Socket

Seems like I don't have a wall socket, which I thought I had and booked Quick Installation.

My BT is running out tomorrow, can anyone book me an engineer to install the internet please?

I see there is a coax cable outside in the front garden, but some handyman came a few months ago cut those and we don't have a wall socket inside the house (other than Openreach ones).

Please help!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Broadband Wall Socket

VM will get to the thread in a day or few - in the mean time you need to try the phone to contact them - its certainly not going to happen before tomorrow so you would need to talk to BT to extend for a week or two

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was able to use your response to another post to connect the router to the socket outside.. 

Still, it's not the best solution, hence I'm chatting to a customer service agent now using Chat. they are extremely slow, but I'm hoping they can setup an engineer visit...

Otherwise, I'm planning to purchase an extension cable and install it myself..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

by extension cable do you mean coax - if so dont do that - VM use their own spec and adding 3rd party stuff is not only against the T & C's can play havoc with the local network - your neighbours wont thank you and VM might send you a bill - unlikely but they wont be best pleased if you bork the connections around you

if you are up and running with whatever method you have - a connector i guess work with that and get the tech sorted

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was planning to connect this to the box just outside my house in the front garden..

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9333682

Are you saying it's against T&Cs?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i cannot make statements i am a customer just like you - but VM will argue its against the T & C's - as to that cable again i cannot comment really but if you want i would say its rubbish - there are ones on other sites that may or may not be better - but the same arguments hold

you are on VM's side of the install and they wont be best pleased if it goes belly up 

get a tech booked and do it right would be my advice

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks tony,
I'm trying to book something over Chat.. since this morning really.. they take 5 mins to write back to any message, and keep saying "just to confirm" to all of my answers.. i.e. takes hours to even direct me to another team..
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

and now.. I'm being transferred and Chat window says it may take them 24 hours to respond!!! : ) I was just chatting to one of them before he decided to transfer me!..
Anyway I'm happy at least I have a working internet.. even if it means I need to keep my window open : )
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Okay just to inform anyone looks into this post.. 

I was able to get connected to a member of technical team after waiting 55 mins on the line.. 

Before that, in the morning, the auto-response thing was just telling me to use website and wasn't connect my call to any human..

Anyway, now they booked me an engineer visit on Saturday.. again, I'm glad that my internet is at least working..

0 Kudos