Menu
pauljermany
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No Broadband Connection - HUB3

Hi, after a frustrating evening yesterday speaking to 4 people on the VM Help Lines I just have not got anywhere. Later today I will have been 48 hours with no connection! My HUB3 is displaying all the right signs of working, the VM Tests say it is okay - but there is no data going through it. How do I proceed from here?  I don't want to waste another precious evening on the phone to people that don't seem to have a clue and can only think WiFi is the problem to everything, the HUB3 just isn't working!  VM please help me here! 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: No Broadband Connection - HUB3

What exactly isn't working?

Do you have no WiFi?

Do wired connections also not work?

On a PC, can you access http://192.168.0.1 ?

Have you tried rebooting the hub by turning it off at the wall, waiting a few minutes then turning it back on?

Have you tried a factory reset?

0 Kudos
pauljermany
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What exactly isn't working? - No Internet Connection through the HUB3

Do you have no WiFi? - Not Applicable in this case, it's the Internet Connection that I don't have, using direct cable connection for now

Do wired connections also not work? Correct, Cable connected from Laptop to HUB3 to rule out anything else - nothing

On a PC, can you access http://192.168.0.1 ? Possibly, have not tried this yet as I can't see it helping, cable itself is good and shows indicator lights at the connections

Have you tried rebooting the hub by turning it off at the wall, waiting a few minutes then turning it back on? - Yes, several times

Have you tried a factory reset? - Yes, several times - also VM Help have done this, also switched WiFi/Router Modes - nothing

Thanks

0 Kudos
pauljermany
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What I didn't make clear, when I probably should have - This is not a New Install, it's been installed a good few years now and with minimal problems - just seems like it's died...

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Accessing http://192.168.0.1/ will most definitely help as from there you can click "Check network status" below the password prompt (or similar wording) and we can then tell exactly what the problem is.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The reason for connecting to 192.168.0.1 is that you can click on Check Router Status and report here the various connection data.  This will give a clear indication of the problem. 

///Crossed with Z92.

0 Kudos
pauljermany
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Okay, thanks - will post back around 18:00 when I get home...  Wouldn't VM Help be able to have seen this yesterday evening though?

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes, but considering their level of technical expertise, it would typically go something like this:

"You might need a WiFi booster",

"There could be too many devices connected to your WiFi."

and if you still persist:

"We've sent a signal to your hub, please give it 15 minutes and it should work then" => We've remotely rebooted your hub.

pauljermany
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Okay, just connected laptop directly to hub 3, cannot connect with 192.168.01 it returns an error: err_connection_timed_out  i have tried another ethernet cable just in case, still nothing. Also tried other ports on the hub 3, nothing there either 🙄

0 Kudos
pauljermany
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just connected the same set up to another hub 3 in another house , it all works fine, can access the settings too! Looks like my hub 3 is dead... 

0 Kudos