Menu
DisgruntledSW4
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Nightmare installation process

Really tearing my hair out with virgin...

I ordered my new broadband at the start of April, at the time i was offered QuickStart as an option  - i selected to have an engineer come as i was aware there was no existing virgin infrastructure. i had to wait a month for that engineer come (Saturday May 8th) 

When it came to Saturday, the engineer arrived and told me there was no cable so he wouldnt be able to install (why was this not realised within the month's lag time?) so he would have to send for someone to install the cable and then someone else would come to install my box but he couldnt tell me either would happen. 

I then spent one hour speaking to multiple people at virgin, including one who told me that it was MY FAULT that there was no cable there (how could this be possible?). Finally, i go through to someone who told me that the cable would be installed Sunday 9th May and the box would be installed Friday May 14th. 

it turns out this was a lie. 

this morning i got an email telling me the installation was now going to happen on the 7th of june. I called virgin, and after two hours on the phone and speaking to various people i was told

• the cable was not installed on sunday because the engineers do not install on sunday, so nobody was sure why i was told this
  • Nobody at virgin could tell me when the cable would be installed because its a 'third party' service
  • my account had been put to 'priority' so the box installation would move forward to the 31st of may but without confirmation on when the cable would be installed there was no guarantee 

i have been paying a mortgage on the property for a month but cant move in without internet (as i'm working 12-14hrs p/d from home) 

Has anyone had a similarly HORRENDOUS experience and have any guidance? would i be better off cancellng and moving over to BT/TalkTalk/Sky at this point

tl;dr - virgin installation date keeps being moved back, no confirmation on when it will actually happen - is there a resolution or should i switch providers

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nightmare installation process

The cable is installed by a contractor so until they tell virgin the job is complete, VM will just keep moving the date back.

If there is problems, it could take upto 8 weeks to finish install if council is involved for planning permissions, etc.

If you require internet faster you can use 4G dongle for example, or cancel and go with BT/etc.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nightmare installation process

Hi @DisgruntledSW4.

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

We truly apologise that you have experienced this with your prepull and installation appointments. We can understand the frustration and inconvenience caused by this. I have been able to access your account using your forum details and I can see you have spoken to our team regarding this. Has the issue been resolved with our team? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos