Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Nightmare install

I was called by Virgin and encouraged to swap. I had an install date for 2 weeks time for 27th October, when the installer arrived he said the cables needed to be pulled to the house. I was assured that the install could go ahead on 13th November, get a text today to say they have cancelled the installation and rescheduled for 11th December. Totally unacceptable in a pandemic when we are relying on the internet to work. Could they have told me this in October? It's a total disaster for us. I tried to call customer services to see if the work and install date could be brought forward and they have been no help at all. Thinking of just cancelling and going back to Sky as its a 2 week wait and at least we know it will work. Absolutely rubbish service. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Nightmare install

Virgin, unlike OpenReach providers have to provide their own cable, so until they attempt to install this cable to your house they don't know if there's a blocked duct or any other problems. These problems can causes delays of 6 - 8 weeks if they need to dig up to fix the problem. This is why we always tell people to stay with their existing provider until there VM service is up and running. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

...would of been great if I had been told that 5 weeks ago when I agreed to swap 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Contact Sky and get then to put you back on a rolling 30 day contract - then dont cancel that until VM has been installed and is up and running to your satisfaction. Small price to pay to ensure no "downtime"

How long for VM - depends on whether they have to dig the street or road - in which case your local council has to be involved - and they move slower than glaciers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
Too late for that spoke to sky they can’t do that, 2 week wait to be connected. Literally rang Sky 5 times asking in different ways to keep rolling and they said cancellation had already gone through. Been without internet since 27th Oct. Using a Vodafone dongle but it’s worse than 4G. 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All I can suggest is trying the "pre-installation team" rather than CS - they may have more info if they dont need to contact the council and they are just rescheduling their own teams.

If they do then its out of their hands and 11th December is a best guesstimate.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos