Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New virgin hub 3.0 has No WiFi

Hi I had the new virgin 3.0 hub delivered today but I am having trouble getting it connected. I have the WiFi light which is lit up in a green static and the power but which is green and flashing. I have check all of the connections to the box and also checked the connection in the box outside. I have also called virgin for them to activate my new router and did this two hours ago. As the call centres are now shut I have know where to turn. This is very poor at this time as communication and internet is vital at this time. Where can I get help????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New virgin hub 3.0 has No WiFi

Please Pm me your account number and postcode and I will take a look for you.

Thankyou

Zoe

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Becki, 

First things first, can I direct you to the diagnostic page on the website for assistance with the set up of your hub? That page is here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband

If this doesn't help at all, it may be that your cable is not connected at the opposite end in the green boxes. 

If the diagnostic page does not help at all, I'd suggest texting your query over to the team on 07533051809. 

I hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I am a virgin media tech (71786), sorry to hear you are having trouble with your SH3. From experience this could be one of two things.

First thing is that it could be that your new router has not been activated by us yet, if it is a self install then you should receive a text message asking you to send the word GO to activate it.

If you didn't receive the text message then it could be that your device is not receiving any live signal. 

My question is was this a fresh install or an upgrade?

Kind regard

J

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

what colour is the light at the bottom? is it flashing green? or does it go through the standard reboot phase of flashing to solid green then white?

if its flashing green at the botttom and not showing any signs of going solid green then you may have a signal issue on the cable being either disconnected at some point or not in spec to the point that the hub will not lock on

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It’s flashing green. The connection lead is extreme secure as it is screwed into the box. I have also check the connection outside also and it’s not loose. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

No message received but I called to activate this. Plus it was a new box as our old one had a fault. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

Please pm me your account number and area site code and I will look to see if the activation has gone through for you. If you had an old router previously then either that piece of equipment is still activated or there is a signal related issue.

Kind regards

J

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, i have an issue connecting to the internet,when running the test on the website it says there is an issue with the account, as I understand it might be not activated yet. can someone come to me asap on this cause my old provider will disconnect me from tomorrow.

thanks, 

Edita.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I too have a new 3.0 hub but no WiFi.

The hub has a steady white light at the bottom. No other lights. But non of my WiFi devices can see any signal from it?

0 Kudos