cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Virgin, Hub Wont Connect

Cdr1974
Tuning in

Just got my new Router and installed it. I've never had broadband with Virgin in the house I'm in for the last 8 years. There is a box on the wall and I've plugged the cable as instructed,  Amber light is staying on, on the router and the app can't detect the router. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4

Ashg
Superfast

I know the feeling .Same for me 😡 . At least I have my old hub which works fine

Cdr1974
Tuning in

Thing what gets me, they send a self install kit which is easy to install. But how do they know there ain't an issue with the box on the wall, or the one in the street. This house ain't had Virgin for over 8 years at least.

They won't be having it anytime soon either. Stuff is going back and cancelling the service.  Absolutely garbage, and trying to get support is all but impossible.  Will stick to my Shell broadband.  Thanks, but no thanks Virgin. Lost another new customer here.

@Cdr1974 wrote:

Thing what gets me, they send a self install kit which is easy to install. But how do they know there ain't an issue with the box on the wall, or the one in the street. This house ain't had Virgin for over 8 years at least.

They won't be having it anytime soon either. Stuff is going back and cancelling the service.  Absolutely garbage, and trying to get support is all but impossible.  Will stick to my Shell broadband.  Thanks, but no thanks Virgin. Lost another new customer here.

I don't blame you! I've been told by others on here (not VM) you have call to activate the hub. Yet nowhere on the supplied info,app or VM site does it tell you this is part of setting it up.Talk about useless! 

Cdr1974
Tuning in

Yep, well I ain't wasting my time trying to explain to someone in India what the issue is😡. Contract has just been cancelled....👋 Bye VM