cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New set up.. no connection

StephLaura117
Joining in

Hello, hoping for some advice or failing that.. an engineer visit.

Received my quick start this week and I have just come to set it up. I thought the image (attached) was what I would plug It in to but seemingly not. Having tracked the cables from the (old/previous owners) virgin set up box at the front of the house...I believe these 2 black wires are actually what I may need? But these aren't connected to a box in anyway as you can see (one is connected to an open reach box and the second is open).

Are either of these what I need (some how wired in) or is it more feasible to run a new wire from the virgin box at the outside/front of the house straight through the wall, to the back of the TV 

(Current set up sends 2 cables from the front to the side of the house and in under the stairs) 

Thanks in advance! 

17016345874614531308022100902976.jpg

8 REPLIES 8

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

None of the white boxes. What’s on the end of the thick cable?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tgank you for replying..

One is snipped (just as it come through the wall) and the 2nd is connected to those open reach boxes sat on the floor! 

The thick black cable is connected to the BT socket?

Yes! 

carl_pearce
Wise owl

Sounds like the previous owners cut the VM cable then, meaning you need a manned install.

Thank you for taking a look.. I'll try and get an engineer!  Hoping it's not too mcuh of a wait 🙈

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to call: 

The pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi @StephLaura117,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that there's some complications in getting you all set up and installed. Have you managed to speak with the team since your posts as has been suggested? If so, have they arranged a technician visit for you to tend to this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!