Menu
gjflynn1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New router

Hi can someone get in touch about a new hub please.

recently, it’s got worse and worse. Losing both 2.4 and 5g sporadically. Having to reboot more and more often. I have an old hub 2  and can’t get a signal in my next room on both a fire stick and a now tv stick. I have had to buy EOP plugs to sort out upstaiirs which has been fine for years. I don’t have neighbours so it’s not the channels. I’m just fed up with it now

thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And if you get "Oopsed" on the link, come back here for more advice.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gjflynn1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but that is forcing me to sign a new contract which goes up by 50% in 18 months. That's not what i want. I want a router that works on the deal i have at the moment

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As yours is faulty you could just call in and say its faulty and you want it fixing. If they agree its faulty, they will either just send one out or a Tech will come and just swap it for you.

When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the free replacement scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - VM staff on here have confirmed that - so just say no thanks and leave the call.

After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gjflynn1
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John, much appreciated

0 Kudos