Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New router

I've got an original Super Hub 1 that I've had nearly 10 years. It's giving me a fair bit of grief, requiring regular reboots and I believe I've passed at least 2 free upgrade offers up; can I get a new one without having to get through to phone support?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router

Hello

You can try the following link https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode it will be depend on what service you are on, if you can get one, if the webpage errors out come back to us here and one of the VM staff members can help you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That page just tells me how to enable and disable modem mode - I even tried using modem mode for a while but the router re-set itself to router mode after a few days anyway, which meant I had to crawl back under the desk, get the WPS key and reconfigure it *again*. I'd really just like a new router; I'll cancel and re-order the service if necessary but that seems ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Very sorry wrong link https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's got it alright, I am eligible for upgrade. Thanks for your help Shadow.

0 Kudos