Menu
T28CEY
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New router not connecting to internet

I’m an existing VM customer and been sent a new Hub 3 router. Followed the installation steps (undone them and redone them just in case), Powered off and on several times BUT whilst laptop and devices are seeing the network nothing is connecting ( including my Virgin Media box). Error message on screen is “we are having trouble connecting you to the internet”. Get same issue on all devices. Have called 08009539500 and activation confirmed via an automated service. Now on hold for 40 minutes to talk to someone as other chats indicate that is what is needed. Got cut off after an hour first time round. I did the original install nearly 3 hours ago.  Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: New router not connecting to internet

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
T28CEY
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Called the activation number, they asked me to confirm my post code, acknowledging that I’ve received a quick start kit then confirmed service WAS activated. This was an automated service NOT a human however. I’ve called back selecting the non activation option on the 0800 953 9500 line  and have sat in a queue twice now getting cut off after an hour both times. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MikeRobbo wrote:

All new installs / replacement electronic equipment need to be activated.

You can try the Activation number -  0800 953 9500 

Best time to phone is 08:00

Or

You can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
masterchief4115
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

48074A24-CE8C-48DD-A16E-1F979DB6422B.jpeg

Got the exact same issue here, but I’m a brand new customer to VM so I’m a little disappointed with the performance. Pic attached. 

0 Kudos
T28CEY
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Morning, 

Just got up ready to call and queue again.  Internet is working now so looks like the activation that was confirmed by phone and the installation leaflet indicated would take 30 mins or so has actually taken place overnight.  Fingers crossed all is ok now. Hope yours is too. 

0 Kudos
T28CEY
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know in case you see others with similar issue that I just got up ready to call and queue again for 8am.  Internet is working now so looks like the activation that was confirmed by phone and the installation leaflet indicated would take 30 mins or so has actually taken place overnight.  Fingers crossed all is ok now. Unless this was a rare service blip they probably should manage expectations better as I'm glad I tackled this over a weekend and not when I needed the internet for working from home. 

0 Kudos