Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New registration not activated. No customer service

Having spent 3 hours on hold my Virgin slow start is not happening and nobody to help me. Account apparently not activated. Spoke to someone who said he'd sorted it. He hasn't. Said he'd call back to make sure I was on. He didn't. Next another hour on hold. Cut off on the hour mark. Called back and they closed.

Great start to lockdown. Quick to take payment though. Already regret leaving Sky

Can anyone advise me?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New registration not activated. No customer service

You can cancel and go back to sky without financial penalty within 14 days. See this recent post from newapollo re. "activation" and see if anything in there helps.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the equipment should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. "By doing this we’ll be able to reboot the equipment or put you in touch with the right team".

The old method was to reboot the equipment and if it failed then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500. Try calling them at 08.00 - you will need the box serial number, and your account and area number.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4 if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone – calling at 08.00 is the best time for getting through quickly,

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New registration not activated. No customer service

Hi Gash1965,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the activation issue you've been having. 

I have taken a look on our side and it does look as though the service is now active.

Can you confirm if this is correct? And if the service is up and running okay?

^Martin

0 Kudos