Menu
brentonhill
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New order issue

I placed an order with Virgin Media 5 days ago and received a confirmation email that my order had been placed (with an order ref number).

It said that I would receive an contract to sign in my emails shortly. 5 days on and still no signs of this. I called up and having been on hold for 30 minutes and spoke to 2 people I have been told that my only order was not in fact for filled and that my address only supports virgin fibre broadband and not TV.

The guys on the phone told me if I had not called up I would not have found out about this. This is terrible service. I'm still left a little confused about what exactly has happened here. 

Can anyone from Virgin Media explain?

Thanks,

Brent

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New order issue

Let me take a look, I will send you a private message for some more details.

thank you

jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
brentonhill
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

0 Kudos
brentonhill
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've had a hell of a time trying to order services with Virgin media :(. I just got an email asking me from feedback to which I have filled out but I thought it would be useful to post it here also:

-----------------------------

I know you guys have good internet but ordering has been one of the most difficult and stressful ordering experiences.

I placed an order for bigger bundle + sports and £150 bill credit with free activation for £65 per month in September 25th. I requested installation for 23rd October. I promptly got a confirmation email. That should have been that. In the confirmation email it said that I would receive a contract via email shortly.

A week went by and no sign of the contract so I decided to call you on September 30th. This is where I started running into issues. No one could find my order. The person I spoke to told me that my order didn't exist and he said that this happens all the time when people order via the website and not over the phone. He told me not to worry and that he could sort it out. He then went to process that deal and then told me that I couldn't have TV in my flat but couldn't explain why other than telling me that every now and again people couldn't have TV. This was despite me pointing out that the service all came from the same fibre. He still couldn't explain why. To be honest he was a little rude about it.

I came off the phone not really knowing what was going on so I posted a message on your forums. Jon picked it up and gave me a call. He was great and told me that he thinks he understands the issue and realised that you guys were trying to give the commercial property underneath our flat the service as opposed to our flat which would have no issues having TV. Ok that makes sense. He told me that he couldn't out the order through but he would leave a note on my record explaining and have someone from sales call me the same day to sort it out before 5pm.

I never received the call so I messaged Jon the next day on the 1st October and he let me know that he would make sure someone called me that day. Sure enough I received a call from a lovely guy called Colin. He was eager to help but warned me that because it was the first of the month he deals may now be different. He then couldn't find my deal any more. The closest deal he had was £72 per month (£7 more) with no cashback and M100 fibre instead of the M200 I was getting with the deal I had originally ordered... He said that there was no point escalating it to his manager or his managers manager as there is nothing anyone could do to discount the deals on there system. He suggested that I could ask him to escalate it to head office but he knew the answer would be the same. We never did get an answer back from head office but he did call back the next day to apologise and suggested waiting until later in the month when the deals change or even checking company reward schemes. I messaged Jon back on the forums and he confirmed that there was nothing that could be done.

I took Colins reward scheme idea and found a package which looked good. This time it was bigger bundle + sports and movies for £66.50 with M200 fibre and £150 cashback. I went ahead and placed the order. I got a confirmation email and then a follow up explaining that a credit check needed to take place and after that I would receive a welcome email. Almost a week later (October 6th) and I got a call from a lovely lady names Sue who said that my order had come through to her to process. She could see the credit check was ok. She then asked me which order I wanted and we went through a circular conversation again about my new order and that she couldn't find it on the system. She ended up speaking to her manager and calling me back and ended up letting me know I should just wait for confirmation from the web team. Finally I have a welcome email but for the original bigger bundle + sports package I originally signed up for at £65 per month.

Honestly I don't know what happened here. I tried to call up today to ask what had happened today (7th October) and what was going on with the other order and if I needed to do anything and the person on the phone didn't know how to help. I also asked if I could add on a referral from a friend (something I was told I could do by Colin previously) and she said she would need to transfer me to a different department. So she transferred me and I ended up back in the call options, select a number phase so decided that I'd had enough and hung up.

I have a new born baby and am in the middle of moving so this has been a challenge which I didn't think we would have.

Lastly my order says that the Hub 3, V6 box and cables will be delivered on the 26th which is 2 days too late and means I can't work from home on that day which is really important. I'm also left without adding my friend as a referral for this.

All in all a pretty exhausting experience all round. Dare I call and ask for confirmation that only 1 package has been confirmed? If I can have my referral? Have the date changed to when we need the line active by? Confirmation of the bill credit? Compensation for this insane ordering experience perhaps?

Not sure if anyone will read this but if they do a response and explanation would go a long way.

0 Kudos
brentonhill
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone from @virginmedia able to have a look into my last post (from the 8th) or answer any of the questions at the bottom of it?

Perhaps someone that can help could give me a call so I don't have to stay on hold for long periods of time? 

Thanks,

Brent

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, one of the VM staff will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @brentonhill 

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us once again, 

I am going to drop you a PM so that we can look further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos