Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New installation

I have a new install on 18th November and I've had a text to say they will be doing exterior work before then but won't be bothering me. Does that mean just any necessary digging or does it also include putting the exterior box on the wall? If so can I ask for where it goes on the wall and also the box colour? In other words can I ask them to ring the doorbell so I can discuss this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New installation

Hello

The external work will be just to run the cable from the cabinet to your premises, the external team will leave the cable  coiled at the front of the premises, when the install date comes the internal engineer will install the external box which will be either grey or brown depending on what the internal engineer has and do any drilling needed, to pass the cables into the premises.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike, perfect answer. Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks very much

All the Best

Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Martin

Your welcome, if you have any more queries by all means come on back to the forum we do have a great team of VM staff members, VIPs and normal customers with a great deal of knowledge. Stay safe and have a great day.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When I had my services installed, the external team fitted the external box too, and the cable was terminated inside the box for the internal engineer who added an extension piece to bring it inside the house. 

I assume therefore that some areas are different to others, but not much difference, unless you need to specify where the external box goes. 

0 Kudos