cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New installation in our area

Jonny118118
Joining in

Hi, we’ve had virgin media installing in our area for the past couple of months. I went to speak to one of the workers to see when it goes live & he said it’s all ready, just needs a Virgin Media engineer to hook it up to the house. I’ve been on the website & used the postcode checked & unfortunately comes back as unavailable. 

I’ve been advised by twitter support to post on here, as there is a chance of you guys checking & updating the system. 

I’m in Scarborough, North Yorkshire, 

Tia.

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The new area build crews are third party construction engineers. Also if you are in a completely new area then the ground build is just the first part of the process. The vast majority of the work goes on behind the scenes, so I would suspect you could be waiting weeks or even months.

When new areas go live you will usually get door to door sales reps coming round looking for custom.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, yes, you are correct, they were 3rd part installers. They’ve been on our street installing for the past few months, but it was a couple of weeks ago they finished on our street. All equipment in & ready. We did find out an original “go live” date which was middle of September. But not heard anything since.  

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced Jonny118118,

However a walm welcome to the community.

To clarify, did they advise that your address would be serviceable since the installation was done?

Regards,

Kain

Yes, the third party installers that were doing the work on behalf of Virgin said our street was all setup and ready. Just needs connecting from the telegraph pole to our house. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Okay, thanks for the responses.

With this, has it been advised within your area via our postcode checker link for as to when you are available for installation?

Regards,

Kain

I’ve done the postcode checker & it just says “our services are unavailable in your area at the moment”

Hi Jonny118118, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Even after cables are laid, it can take a while for our backend systems to all be updated and on occasions, plans are scrapped entirely. 

I am happy to find out if there are any current plans in the making for your area to go live. To do that I will need your full address. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Jonny118118,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly via private message. 

I have forwarded the address over to our lightning teams now to see if there are any plans. 

Once I get a reply from the team I will let you know, good or bad. Just to set expectations it may take a few days depending on how busy they are 🙂

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Jonny118118, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

The team have come back to advise that your address is in with plans to install in the wider area however, it's all still within the planning stages. It could be quite a while before you'll be able to get a connection with us I'm afraid. 

The reference for the plans is: NBU 275391 and you're welcome to come back to us in a the new year quoting that reference and we can check on an update for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team