Menu
Shotton098
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New installation/construction delays

Hi,

I’m going to apologise for the long post at the start. I was wondering if anyone was having the same nightmare that I am having. 

I recently moved into my new home and contacted virgin media to arrange broadband/TV. They arranged install date for 17/12/20. Construction combat came but were unable to do the ground work as the cable didn’t come up to the property ( we weren’t made aware of this till we contacted virgin media on the installation date after the engineer didn’t arrive). 

They said they would ring us back the next day and had escalated to the manager. We never got a call back. Repeated this process about 6 times now and everything it is escalated to the manager/ regional manger and they promise a call back but never do.  

Then 08/01/21 a construction team attends to extend the cable up to the property (finally some progress). I ring up 2-3 days later expecting to be given an installation date. There has been no update from the construction company and there is no record of anything been done. There is in fact now a problem with the cabling and this can be sorted due to surronding hospitals abs business ( which there is none of around us and others in our street have virgin media and have no issue). They promise yet another ring explaining that they are pride themselves on delivering excellent customer service and won’t forget to call back as before. Yet again no call back the next day . We called again few days later same story. Now cannot give a date of installation . We’ve no be without internet 1 month after the promised installation date. 

Im now past the point of calling as I just can’t seem to get a answer. They keep fobbing us off with call backs ( that never occur), money credited to our account ( that we can’t use) , and no installation date insight. We don’t know what the problem is and I have a feeling they don’t either.  Has anyone else had this issue? Any help would be useful.  I know first hand how good the broadband service is but I’ve found the customer service appalling. 

Thanks 

Michael 

0 Kudos
leellison
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New installation/construction delays

Good afternoon Shotton098,

I am in a very similar position to you. Moved to a new home. Contacted VM to advise on the 27/11/2020. Installation date 19/12/2020. Postponed to 16/01/2021. Postponed to 20/02/2021. The phone calls to VM seem pointless as you never get a straight answer. Full of promises, yet never deliver. Account full of unusable credit. No idea when this is actually going ahead. Expecting our 20th Feb date to be postponed also, it wouldn't surprise me! 

Construction team turned up yesterday but there was a blockage while trying to feed the cable. Told us they weren't allowed to use drills or ladders? Very strange. Escalated to another construction team now and I imagine that'll be another hefty wait. No internet since 27th Nov and I have children being homeschooled and I'm supposed to be WFH. Impossible with our 4G coverage. 

I feel your pain - hang on in there!

0 Kudos
Shotton098
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and I’m sorry to hear your having the same issue. 

It’s shocking isn’t it. They can’t even give us a date. If im looking at the end of February then I may have to look at another provider .   The fact you have been without internet since November fills me with no confidence in this company. Fortunately I have no kids that need home schooled. So that must add to your frustration. 

I hope you get sorted and there is no more delays. 

Michael 

0 Kudos
leellison
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Shocking is certainly an understatement!

I must say, though it may just be coincidence, I emailed the contractors directly on Monday 18th Jan to look for some answers on dates. I didn't get a response at all but the contractors (Avon Line in my case) turned up at 10AM the very next day! Perhaps see if you can contact your local contractor. Nothing to lose at this point.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Lee

0 Kudos
Shotton098
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just to let you know. Did what you said and contacted the construction company yesterday. Received an installation date today 4th Feb. Definitely worked, good advice!

thanks

Michael 

0 Kudos
robindl
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

How do you find out who the relevant contractor is?  I have had a similar experience.  Applied to Virgin Media because we have moved to a house in an area served by Virgin Media.  Agreed a contract and price.  Told on 13 December that external work complete, installation arranged for 19 December, told on 18 December that external work not complete, new reference number with NaN/NaN/NaN as the installation date.  Neither the pre-installation team nor the Construction team can/will give me any idea of an installation date.  Still the case on 22 January.  

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

If you have Nan in your order then it is due to the fact that Virginmedia has to gain permission to do some digging up, this has too be granted by the local council and the turn around on this permission is 6 to 8 weeks.

Regards  Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Shotton098
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I used this email 

VirginMedia.Construction@virginmedia.co.uk

I hope this helps. It’s sounds very frustrating.

0 Kudos
Abhiparmar14
Just browsing
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I have been subject to lose my job from 24th February 2021 as I have been unable to work from home and I will have no access to social security and public fund. 

This is due to the lack of coordination from virgin Media pre instill team. My virgin account number is [REMOVED] area code 20.

The initall Installation was suppose to be happening on 2nd February 2021 outside our property then the guy from your third party contractor called 'avon' turn up on the day said their is city fiber work going on so he will be able to sought it out in 2 min if he want to do the job but he can't be asked (said right on my face and walked off) He then deffered it to 17 Feb 2021. Please note city fiber is not doing any work on the road or the property since the 1st of February 2021.

My installation date was cancled with out any notice on 2nd Feb 2021 and 17th Feb 2021 (both times I have had no prior notice and with less then 24 notice got cancelled and deffered. I don't accept that when the contraction engineer who just need to do such a small job keeps deferring my appointment knowing the fact I would loss my job.

Is virgin policies have now changed to make sure if you are non white background then make sure delay the service in order for us to loss our jobs and have no means of income in lockdown so we leave the country. While virgin contracting companies are doing nothing to support us getting the line. I have evidence of cctv with engineers waiting outside our property and having beer can while didn't bother touching the job they actually came in the first place.

Very terrible situation to be in with no Internet can't work and feed the family. Thanks to [REMOVED] who has failed to deliver such service for genal public wo now have to live on support of food bank to feed the kids as no income due to lockdown unable to work from home as virgin engineer from keir contraction messing about for us to be able to provide food to kids. 

This is very sad that just due to Internet we loss every thing which I never thought of. Please advice the structure of resalution with detail to either go to embosement or small court hearing process. 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos