Menu
tyrshan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New installation cabling issue

Just had Virgin Media services installed in my flat where there was an existing service outlet box in the hall.

Once the technician and I agreed on the location of the phone, router and tv box I sat in another room whilst the work was being carried out.

Upon successfull completion of the job I signed off the work sheet and he left.

It wasn't until I began to tidy up that I noticed the cabling around the service outlet box. In short I now have a cable splitter crambed in between the wall and a radiator inlet pipe corner joint and the subsequent cable splits leading off to their respective devices.

This is unsatisfactory workmanship. The radiator does get used, it will get hot as will the cable splitter and so on.

It was an easy installation job in my opinion that the technician failed to take adequate care over and I am being billed £30.

Is there an email for Customer Services because I cannot find one?

20200930_143656_60.jpg20200930_143808_60.jpg

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New installation cabling issue

It doesn't look like the splitter is attached to anything, can't it just be moved slightly so it's not behind your radiator, perhaps on the floor behind your unit? 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New installation cabling issue

@tyrshan wrote:

Is there an email for Customer Services because I cannot find one?

It is certainly poor but not among the worst that that appears on here. Looks like the technician has tried to reuse what was there already without modifying or re-terminating too many cables.

The large VM box at the bottom appears to have the top LHS corner smashed in. Would have expected that to have been replaced with new. The splitter should be screwed down to something solid using the screw holes on the sides. Suspect the problem could be dealt with by flipping the large VM box 180 degrees so the coax points away from the radiator.

Many telecoms techs are on some kind of time restriction for each visit so, from their point of view, they need to be in and out as quickly as possible. If you have paid for the installation though, you would expect a little bit better than what is shown in the photos.

Wait for further advice from the forum team. They should respond within a few days.

0 Kudos