Menu
TweetyT
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New installation: Green light flashing

We received the device package today, with Hub 3 inside. We completed all the setup and connection inside our home. However, we found the WiFi light is green, while the bottom green light keeps flashing. And I login virgin media acc and run a diagnosis, result told that our device is not connecting to Virgin Media. It looks like some internet issue outside our house. We would need an engineer to help. 

P.S. We found that the wall socket now is labelled NTL, not Virgin Media.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New installation: Green light flashing

Have you activated the device ? It won't be allowed to connect until it's been activated. I'd ring customer services to check. 

0 Kudos
TweetyT
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Called customer hotline, we waited for 20 minutes but no one answer.

How can I activate the device?

I think I need an engineer to come to my home for fixing this! 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Try now - but calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or, text the same details to 07533 051809 - responses are slower though

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
TweetyT
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John!

I only use the broadband service.

When I called 0800 953 9500, it needs to input home phone number but I don’t have it.

Also in the installation set, no instruction on how I can activate it. So, is it only TV/phone user need to activate the device but not the broadband user?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TweetyT
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please send a technician to fix my problem, thanks!

0 Kudos
TweetyT
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I received a message this morning 0730 said that my account was activated. I connected the hub again and the green bottom light keeps flashing still.

Please arrange a technician to come!

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If they are saying its activated but you are getting no connection its possible that there is a fault on the line (or a faulty Hub) - VM dont actually test the line before sending out a quickstart pack. All you can do is try restarts now and again

If you wait on here for a VM person to get here it can take 5-10 days. Its far quicker to call it in (at 08.00) but try a different number now. Call on 150 (on a VM line/mobile) - or 0345 454 1111 (others lines) and follow options 1,1,4,4, "thinking of leaving" - when you get through tell them you are cancellig if this isnt sorted today.

If you struggle with those options follow the options for "wanting to join VM" I am sure they will pick that up in a heartbeat - and get them to connect you to the cancellations people.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos