Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New install

1D0917DD-5030-4590-89A7-BB41EAC8AADD.png

Get this message when I try to connect for first time . What do I do? Call centres closed due to Covid and kids need for homework 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New install

Hi dtaliku,

It will take a while for your image to be approved so we can only guess what the problem is at the moment.

Is it possibly error 7400?. If so it's doing that because the box hasn't been activated yet.

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looks like your hub needs activated.  You'll need to call in unfortunately if it doesn't sort itself out overnight.

Follow the advice in the post above but it's your hub that needs sorted out (code 7400 is the same thing for TV).

The call centres aren't closed but to get a quick(er) response it's best to phone early (as soon afer 8am as possible).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It said on the automatic response when I called 150 that the call centre are all closed due to Covid 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@dtaliku wrote:

It said on the automatic response when I called 150 that the call centre are all closed due to Covid 

No, not closed.

0345 454 1111

Text 07533 051 809

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Some of the overseas call centres are closed but you should get through. I've called a couple of times over the past few weeks and got through. Just hang on after the automated response.

0 Kudos