Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New install

Hi all, I am meant to be having Virgin installed on the 9th and just wanted to know roughly when the cable pull team normally turn up? Is it normal for them to turn up the day before install or even with the install technician?
I believe the property had virgin before as there is a grey box on the side of the house but we had building work done around 5 years ago and the wire got cut.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New install

The cable pull will be done by a contractor, before the Virgin staff come to do the install. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, i guess they will be out tomorrow then as the Virgin staff should be out on Thursday. just seems to me they are cutting it a bit tight.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Under 24hrs until the install and still no cable pull. I can see this being a wasted trip for the technician.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Sometimes the cable pull happens the same day, but often if there is a old cable, that will be used since the cables are good for around 20 year.

I hope the install went okay.

Was there any issues with the installation?

Thanks,

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos