Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

New install

Hi,

I joined virgin in Feb with my install due to go ahead today (25/3), however the engineer came and marked out a green line from my house to the road im guessing this is for a virgin CATV box putting in for them to do the pre pull, its been a week since the green lines were marked out and no communication from virgin regarding whats happening or an ETA. i understand the time were are going through now is less than ideal however some communication wouldn't go a miss even if it was just a generic email. i have had a text chat with a agent who said someone would call me in the next 24 hours......this was over a week a go now. 

Has anybody experienced this and if so how long does this usually take to get sorted as my bt internet is due to end and i want to know weather to hang on with bt as i dont want to be off work for at least 3 weeks with no internet.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: New install

You can try phoning in or wait here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread, someone should be along within a couple of days.

Don't bump your thread; it doesn't get answered any quicker.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi James, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. The green spay would meed that they are locating where the works need to be completed. Construction works can take between 6-8 weeks ^CW

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

hi,

surely i should have been told this when joining? quite frustrating given a date for the install, to then be told its going to be 6-8 weeks. having known this i would have gone with an alternative provider. Can i cancel my order?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good luck trying to cancel. No one picks up the phone. I was on it for 2hours and 35minutes before I gave up.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

such a terrible experience so far, was told everything would be sorted for the date of my installation to now be told 6-8 weeks.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamesgg 

I appreciate this has been a very frustrating time and you were looking forward to enjoying your new service. We want nothing more than to provide the service but the problem as you may have been made aware is one of construction.

We do not come across these issues until we action the installation. When you first call, the Sales team check to see if the address is marked as serviceable. This simply means the architecture is in place. In this case it is. Prior to you install a crew come out to what we term pre-pull the external cable. It’s at this point we sometimes come across constructions issues. Services are subject to availability.

In most areas the cabinets, cables, ducting for the cables etc has been in situe for a number of years. Ducting can become blocked or crushed. Access points outside homes called T plates get covered over, if councils resurface pavements etc. So we have to clear whatever presents itself before we can carry out the install.

Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I understand there are complications but to receive no communications with a estimated date or even just to explain whats happening, thats a pretty poor show.......doesn't bode well for future complications.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue, agreed installation at the end of January, agreed install date 15th feb, no show no contact, after several phone calls I was told works needed and a further 6wks, virgin confirmed on 12th March works were completed and new install date agreed for 23rd March and still no one showed up. Now been left with no internet or telephone since mid February. 
not a good start and no contact is the most annoying part of it. If I had known it was going to be this long I would not have cancelled my previous provider and now during this isolation I am working from home using a mobile phone WiFi hotspot I’ve had to purchase thanks to virgin media. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Still no news on what is going on, is there any chance you could chase this up for me and have a look into a timescale?

Thanks James

0 Kudos