Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

New install with old box

I have ordered virgin fibre optic broadband to arrive next week- without an engineer visit.  There is an old Virgin outlet in my house with “virgin media” on the front.

It has one white thick cable coming out, at the end there is a round silver cable end  which is opened end with a copper wire in the middle. The end of the cable has a yellow sticker round it  saying “cable con 4.9”. 

can I use this existing equipment to self install my fibre optic router or should I book an engineer? 

I am unable to upload photos as they’re too large for the site, any assistance would be much appreciated! 

Thank you ! 

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: New install with old box

@Hazel67c wrote:

I have ordered virgin fibre optic broadband to arrive next week- without an engineer visit.  There is an old Virgin outlet in my house with “virgin media” on the front.

It has one white thick cable coming out, at the end there is a round silver cable end  which is opened end with a copper wire in the middle. The end of the cable has a yellow sticker round it  saying “cable con 4.9”. 

can I use this existing equipment to self install my fibre optic router or should I book an engineer? 

I am unable to upload photos as they’re too large for the site, any assistance would be much appreciated! 

Thank you ! 

In a word 'Yes', you can use the existing cable.

Use the white cable instead of the 'Isolator Cable' in the kit.

The main difference being your existing cable will 'screw' into the HUB, rather than 'plug'.

0 Kudos