Menu
Syepowell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

New install cable issues

Hi
I have recently moved into a property and had my install date set before we moved in.  This has been postponed numerous times now due to the engineers not being able to find the cable outside my property. This have now found it across the street and are requesting confirmation for Virgin that it’s ok to dig across our road. My question is will this actually get done or am I being delayed again and should look elsewhere.  Also given I am under a contract now is there any form of compensation or 4g router I should be given as my wife and I are supposed to be working from home.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: New install cable issues

Hello

If VM have to dig across any public area i.e. the road or footpath then permission has to be gained from the local council and this process normally takes between 6-8 weeks.

VM do not offer 4G routers. Regarding any compensation if it is within the control of VM then yes you would but best to read - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation for any permissions for work would not be covered under that compensation scheme.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Syepowell
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi 
thanks for the reply. Do you know if they normally do this kind of work  just concerned I can’t get internet access in the area if Virgin won’t do the work.

cheers

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

There a lot of reason why they may not install the main one being cost the best people to speak to would be the pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos