cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New install Green Flashing

Matthew27
Tuning in

Brand new Virgin media customer. I opted for the self install option but can’t get past the green flashing light.

have tried various restarts and re sets. Have run the online test to check the service and equipment. Got the text earlier today to say good to go.

have read various posts on the forum but no help yet I’m optimistic an engineer visit can be arranged.

Do I need an engineer? How do I go about getting one?

I’ve been without the internet since 29th January with my previous/existing ISP and thought this would work straight away. I’ve lived here for 7 years nearly and the Virgin boxes were on the wall inside the house before I moved in.

Thank You for any help and advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

All sorted. The engineer rang me when he was on the way and had to go out to the cabinet in the street and do a bit of work there.

Didnt take him long and I now have the speed advertised. Very happy. Thank You

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Sounds like the Hub may not have been activated properly on your account.

Try a pin hole reset of the Hub as below. While its doing it, call the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. on any faults and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If it doesnt come to life after the reset, call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker and also your account number, get them to checkand reactivate it.

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords will reset to those on the sticker. See if that sorts it. If not try the reset one last time and hold pin longer.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank You. Typically they are closed this evening but I will try again tomorrow but it’s Sunday so not expecting anyone to answer

Engineer booked in for Wednesday. They ran a load of tests while I was on the phone this morning and still no resolution.

Ive been without internet for 5 weeks due to my other ISP service and now a few days longer with my brand new one. I’m cursed lol

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Matthew27,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your install recently! 

I'm glad to hear that you've been in touch with our team and have an appointment booked in to have this issue looked over. 

Please keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further help after the appointment.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

All sorted. The engineer rang me when he was on the way and had to go out to the cabinet in the street and do a bit of work there.

Didnt take him long and I now have the speed advertised. Very happy. Thank You

This is great to hear @Matthew27

Thank you so much for letting us know and please do pop back to the forums if you ever need help in the future. 

Thanks again.